Monday, February 16, 2009

Something Lovely: For My Wedding Toast!

I was never crazy about the tradition of the monogrammed Toasting Flutes and Cake Server. I have nothing against it, it just didn't interest me in the least. However, in the Winter Issue of Martha Stewart Weddings I saw these beautiful stemless (remember I'm anti-stem at the moment), "Golden Berry" flutes (bottom right from janandaya.com) and it was love at first sight! Which got me thinking about what other fantastic champagne glasses I may be overlooking.

The glasses on the top left are a gorgeous, more traditional option from Simon Pearce, the Wellesley Flute. All of their stemware (and everything else they make) is handmade on-site at their restaurant/storefront/workshop in Quechee, VT.

The top right glasses, aptly named Crystal Dot Stemware by RoomServiceHome.com, also struck a chord with me as I love polka dots! A. doesn't want polka dots in the wedding, but if I could sneak this in I definitely would.

The Marie- Antoinette glasses from Pottery Barn are absolutely fabulous! I love the colors and the design, though knowing me I would go to gesture while I spoke and slosh it all over the side... probably best for me to stick with the tall and narrow design.

And then there's the "Golden Berry". I can't really tell you why, because all of these options are so fantastic, but I love this one the most! I don't think the little picture below does it nearly enough justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment